I have been trying to sign up to an online course and it is, of course, difficult and frustrating.
I already sent my paper work in last year, and was approved and have been enrolled, but then I wanted to transfer. And get help from a Councillor.
You would think that being disabled, they would make it easy for me to enroll.
When I call, its the stupid automated dialing system where you need to choose options and “Press 1”.
The first time I called, it didn’t work and there was no hold music, so I hung up and tried again. Then I was finally able to get through to a human, they needed to transfer me and force me to wait 3 minutes for someone on the other end.
This new person, although polite, told me that I needed to fill out more forms to PROOVE my disability status.
I really wanted to scream!
So to this company, and everyone else, listen up:
1. There is no cure for autism!
2. There never will be.
3. There doesn’t need to be a cure; there is NOTHING wrong with us!
4. I really do not want to talk about my Autism, especially to some random person on the phone.
5. Stop asking me to prove that I have it EVERY SINGLE TIME I want to study!
6. Just tick the fucking box, so I can get on with my life and stop discussing my very private health issues with strangers over the phone.
I’m going to say this again: THERE IS NO CURE FOR AUTISM!
Do not believe what some crazy trouble making bitch said on her blog, she did not cure her son’s Autism. The best you can do is get an allergy test for your child, or yourself and adjust your diet.
I am so fed up and exhausted by this shit. I just wanted to learn something to help me start a small business so I can work from home and not have to go through the agony and bullshit that are modern job interviews.
That may be my next post.
(c) ASD and me 2019.